Monday 9 December 2013

Workshop in Berlin 5-6 Dec 2013

On 5 and 6 December, I attended a meeting in Berlin – hosted by the Ecologic Institute and prepared by Mikael Hilden from SYKE in Finland and (my own supervisor) Duncan Russel from University of Exeter – on policymaking for climate change adaptation. I met even more participants from the BASE project; all different people than from the meeting 27 and 28 November in Delft. And again, the participants included a nice mixture of backgrounds, nationalities, ages and gender. We discussed possible topics and outlines for papers with analyses of policymaking at national level for climate change adaption. And we exchanged ideas and experiences with policymaking for climate change adaptation from different countries, such as Denmark, the UK, the Netherlands, and Italy. Here some pictures taken during the meeting:




Although it was a very brief visit to Berlin (only two nights), I did enjoy it very much. One of the things I love doing in Berlin is to wander around and just see what you'll encounter. But time was too short for that this visit. Yet every time I visit the city, I get a sense of feeling at-home. And the thought comes to mind ‘I could live here’. Hopefully, next time the visit will be longer (and Anna, if you happen to read this, the visit was unfortunately too short for a cup of coffee, next time I’ll fit in at least a cup of coffee).    

No comments:

Post a Comment