Friday 13 December 2013

Boomerang

Well, the boomerang of traveling the last couple of weeks, the airplanes, doing too many things in combination with not enough sleep hit me this week: I got sick. My throat got sore and swollen, my ears cloggy, my nose stuffy, my head aching, and my bronchi producing a painful cough. My energy levels dropped to basically zero and my appetite sort of stagnated. It was a clear sign saying: “Roos, you got to rest and recover”. So that’s what I did this week, I slept as much as I could, tried to do as least as possible, and drank plenty of tea and hot ginger lemon honey. And took as many painkillers as the prescription text on the package allowed :-)  Whilst being sick this week, I also noticed a certain impatience, a certain urge to get back to work and to start doing things again. But I also know it’s wiser to accept it and sit it through. I do hope to be able to do some things again after the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment